Hi everyone! We at Phoenix Beauty Lounge love nail art, and we are always looking to inspire our customers. This is why from now on, we will be creating exclusive nail art how-to’s, especially for you! You’ll be able to find all the supplies you need at our store, and our tutorials will range from beginner to expert level. With our help you’ll have no more excuses to shy away from trying nail art! 😀
Our first tutorial features the very fashionable Ikat Print Nails. These look amazingly intricate but are fairly easy to achieve. Let’s take a look!
This is how the Ikat Print looks like on the nails. Doesn’t it look great? We love this design! We chose a blue-coral color scheme but you can be as creative as you want. Anything goes! You can also switch out the white and black for a light or dark contrasting shade. The possibilities are endless!
For our design we used the following supplies:
- China Glaze Aquadelic
- China Glaze Peachy Keen
- White CM Nail Art Striper
- Black CM Nail Art Striper
- China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat
- Start by applying your base color of choice. We’re using China Glaze Aquadelic.
- Using your contrasting colour, China Glaze Peachy Keen in this case, add rough triangular shapes. You don’t need to use fancy nail art brushes, just use the polish brush itself. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t look perfect! Don’t worry!
- With a CM white nail art striper, add white dots in the middle of each triangle.
- Using a CM black nail art striper, paint short vertical strokes, all around the triangles. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Repeat this step for each triangle.
- Finally using the same black striper, add black lines in the middle of the triangles, overlapping the white. This will bring your design together!
Finally add some top coat to seal your design. We recommend China Glaze Fast Forward for an amazingly glossy finish. You’ll be amazed at how easy this look is to achieve! If you don’t have any nail art stripers, alternative you can use a toothpick for these Ikat Print Nails. We love that this is a design doesn’t have to be perfect, it will still look great. It’s a great style for beginners who want to try something a little more intricate.
If you try this out, make sure to send us pictures! We’d love to see what you create. 🙂 And make sure to stay tuned for our next tutorial. Feel free to send us requests in the meantime! If there’s a design you would love to see us feature in a how-to, drop us a comment or e-mail!
Happy painting! – Phoenix Beauty Lounge.