It’s become a tradition for OPI to release a collection of Soft Shades each year. For 2013 they were inspired by Disney’s Oz the Great and Powerful, and created 3 nudes, 3 glitters and 1 Liquid Sand for their annual OPI Soft Shades collection. Let’s take a look!
“OPI is very excited to take this fantastical journey with Disney,” explains Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “Inspired by the magic of Oz The Great and Powerful, this Soft Shades collection captures the whimsy seen in the film, from glittery shades packed with white, gold and silvery iridescent confetti – Lights of Emerald City, When Monkeys Fly! and Which is Witch? – to soft neutrals in white, beige and pink – Don’t Burst My Bubble, Glints of Glinda and I Theodora You.
The three neutrals in the collection include:
- OPI Glints of Glinda: Only a good witch could turn beige from meek to chic.
- OPI I Theodora You: This adorable, sheer pink is bewitching on you.
- OPI Don’t Burst My Bubble: Don’t wake me…I’m dreaming about puffy clouds of white.
These are the three glitter polishes released for the OPI Soft Shades of 2013:
- OPI Lights of Emerald City: White confetti adds city girl flair and style to nails.
- OPI Which is Witch?: Is this silver glitter with iridescent sparkle or the other way around?
- OPI When Monkeys Fly!: I’m simply bananas for this gold confetti.
And finally, the Liquid Sand finish released alongside this collection:
- OPI What Wizardry Is This?: This rich taupe hue was designed for James Franco’s character, the great Wizard of Oz, and is sure to make a bold statement this spring
We love this collection! Even though they are soft shades, they are definitely NOT boring! The glitter polish, Lights of Emerald City, has amazing square white glitter pieces. Something we haven’t seen before in the mainstream polish brands. We’re definitely intrigued and can’t wait to try them out in person.
These will be available for purchase very soon, for now you can purchase them in our store, Phoenix Beauty Lounge. Make sure to take a look!
What are your thoughts on this collection? Let us know!